As we've received new products by Lulu & Marula! It's high time to give you an update on those fantastic products !
Lulu & Marula is a collection of small batch, all natural skin care products, handmade with care right here in South Africa. Born from the mind of Jesslynn Schlamm, a long-time beauty enthusiast, skin care product hoarder, and green living idealist. Lulu & Marula was launched in 2013, mostly by accident (but a good one!). From there, she spent two years gathering feedbacks from her customers and friends and subjecting her products to further interrogation, to refine and perfect our formulas to create an even more awesome collection that relaunched in 2016. Lulu & Marula was created with 6 key principles in mind (and at heart), which you can read more about hereafter:
Lulu & Marula doesn’t take life too seriously, but when it comes to your skin they don’t mess around. Which is why they're all about living these 6 key principles:
1. SIMPLICITY IS THE NEW AWESOME Which is why they’ve created a routine with fewer products that delivers everything you really need for healthy skin that glows.
2. NATURAL IS POWERFUL They don't use fragrances, preservatives, or any other whatchamacallits. Each jar and bottle is full to the brim with only good stuff that actually works. This makes our range ideal for all skin types, even the most sensitive of skins.
3. RELISH SIMPLE PLEASURES We like to think of caring for our skin as a much needed daily ritual – a moment of calm in the panic of everyday life. It’s a chance to slow down and be mindful. Which is why we’ve created each product with a sensory experience in mind. From Balancing to Calming, each use will take you on a little holiday.
4. HANDMADE IS THE BEST KIND From the inside out, every product is made with care in little batches. This gives us as much control as possible over the entire production process, ensuring top-notch quality at every step.
5. THE FUTURE IS LOCAL It’s important to them that they empower local businesses using ingredients and packaging that is, wherever possible, made and sourced in and around South Africa.
6. THOUGHTFULLY SUSTAINABLE They don’t test on animals, because that’s whack. They also use minimal glass and cardboard packaging that can be recycled or reused.